August 30th, 2005
Running out of Star Wars cultural ephemera is simply never going to happen. Below, some more links for your consumption:
- Reinterpreting the original trilogy in the light of Episode III. Executive summary: Chewie and R2 ran the show.
- The backstroke of the West. What happens when a dvd pirate subtitles Episode III in Chinese and then it’s translated back into English. Thanks to Tom for the link.
- Yoda origami (pdf warning!)
- Slightly off-topic, but if you’re grinding your teeth waiting for Adobe Reader to open that pdf, try Adobe Reader Speedup. Great util which disables many largely unnecessary plugins allowing Reader to launch in about 1s. Bliss
- At last, the R2 I’ve been looking for all my life: remote control 3.75″ scale R2-D2. $19.99, and will fit in with all my other figures. Sweet.
- As if that weren’t enough astromech goodness, Hasbro are releasing essentially every R-series droid which makes any kind of appearence in the whole saga. $74.99. …must …buy! I have a theory that the deep aesthetic appeal of R2-D2 is something to do with the golden section. But that’ll have to wait.